Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Interface Cable for Flex 6K to MFJ 998?

Options
Bill Roberts
Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
Given band data support through the USB port on the 6K, what are the possibilities of interfacing my 6300 to the MFJ 998 auto tuner? If not immediately available, what would it take for Flex and MFJ to work together to make it happen. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Bill,

At this time, we are not developing any proprietary communications protocols to communicate with third-party hardware via the USB port on the radio. We support a limited number of Kenwood and SmartSDR CAT  commands for passing band data the external device, along with BIT and BCD (Yaesu & Elecraft 4 or 5-bit binary coded format) data outputs.

In the future, we may provide the facilities for third-parties to develop their own device specific communications protocols using the three data types listed above.  

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks, Tim. I guess I'll use the TUNE button on the tuner.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.