Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Identify HF RF & RFI Sources Waterfalls and Sounds RFI Resource

mikeatthebeach .
mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in New Ideas
Trying to Identify HF RF & RFI Sources Waterfalls and Sounds

RFI Resource

See and hear with your Flex Radio 

RFI HF Waterfall & Sounds 

Resource for RFI in HF Bands 

http://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/Category:HF

Enjoy

73 Mike

1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    hello Mike 
    thank you very interesting 
    vy 73 elan 
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thank you for mentioning the sigidwiki site, which is excellent.

I also use the ARTEMIS program, which is based on sigidwiki http://markslab.tk/project-artemis/
    and which I recommend for signal identification. It also incorporates a propagation dropdown
    menu, which fetches data from NOAA.

I can alo recommend the other program on the Mark's Lab site: POSEIDON 
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Very cool, thanks for the great reference.

Jeff N3VE

• Andrew Thall
    Andrew Thall Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I have forwarded this to the ARRL Official Observers.  This will help us to identify interfering signals.
    Thank you for sharing this valuable resource.
    Andy, k2oo
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    When it comes to interference, ARRL seems to lack a lot of know how & info on RFI, maybe because they still think Analog TVI is still around by their old publications

A lot of new Digital HF devices & HF Interference devices out there, they ( ARRL  ) are simply in the dark about them.

HF Cable Modems, Frequency Hopping HF devices on HF, Control HF Motors
    HF controlled Timers, SCADA HF, HF Alarm Systems, Hospital HF MRI Interference, Street Light Systems controlled via HF, In-Home HF Networks, HF Furnace/Cooling Systems, Internal Plant HF BPL LAN networks, etc 

Now most RFI interference is out of control and FCC & ARRL useless these days to find it! 

Hi ! Hi! 

These guys did not know what hit them

Old Timers !!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.