Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What PC configuration are you running with your 6500???

2»

Answers

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    If after you've tried a new cat cable directly connected using a different PC/laptop, then I would call Flex back and explain the process you've taken to narrow down the issue. At that point, it sounds like it may be the Ethernet port on the Flex or some other issue with the Flex.  Try your best to eliminate all of the other possibilities first though.  I'm assuming Flex has some sort of diagnostic software they can run on the 6000 series hardware to figure out what's going on.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hello Rich- Any chance there is an issue with your power supply? Are you able to scope the supply?
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I use bootcamp on my (old) macbook pro and it works fine as well. It's a mid 2011 13" Macbook Pro. 
  • Richard - MW0XDT
    Richard - MW0XDT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hi Bill, Unlikely to be the issue as I've use multiple supplies, at different times. At the moment ithe 6500 is running on a Yaesu 30amp and previously on a Diamond 40anp, plus on a 160AH back up battery briefly. I have had failures on all 3 supplies. I will look at scoping the supply for any correlation. 73 Rich
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Rich,

Are your "lost connections" during receive or are they happening when you transmit?  Do you have any other radios nearby say like a VHF/UHF rig or antenna that might be interfering? 

Cal/N3CAL

• Richard - MW0XDT
    Richard - MW0XDT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hi Cal, Usually during RX, but then I RX more than TX, so it's just averaging out. It can happen at any time, even before connecting SSDR...in other words, the radio, if left on for 10minutes before connecting, might already be unavailable and need a forced shut down. Anything from 5 minutes to 2 hours of operating, it can happen. No other radios in operation during Flex air time. Many thanks Cal, 73 Rich

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.