Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.10.8 elecraft transverter

dlwarnberg
dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Can or has anyone, started controlling their Elecraft Transverter with a FTDI C232HM (MPSSE) cable and the new SmartSDR v1.10.8 or is it even possible?  I would assume that if one could find the pinouts for the DB-9 control connection on the back of the transverter it could be setup..

Also trying to figure out what advantage this may or may not have over the setup I have now.

Any idea's or suggestions to research this further?

Thanks

David

Answers

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I use an xv144 with the 6500. The xv control cable is documented in the manual. I don't use it or need it. AFAIK, the only time I'd want it would be to remotely control the DC power ( on/off) if I had multiple xv's. I use a separate cable for t/r keying.
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I am looking at a second hand elecraft tvtr for 2m at present. Are they easy to interface with the flex? Can an adjustment of the flex power slider reduce the drive to the tvtr in order to run it at say 5w output clean to drive a modern solid state pa ? Any issues I should be aware of ? Cheers steve gw0gei
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I have two transverters, a XV144 and XV432, they are not that difficult to setup and yes you should be able to limit output to 5 watts if you like.  Only issue for me was the frequency at which I aligned mine at, was a little narrow banded so I had to change the alignment frequency so that it would operate in the band range I wanted.  Be sure to request the owners manual with the transverter, if you don't get it you can always download the manual from Elecraft.
  • Steve Gw0gei
    Steve Gw0gei Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Thanks David, all noted. Seems like a good option to enable me to use the 6300 on 2m as well as transverting onto 4m (Kuhne db6nt, very nice but cost a lot!).

HNY

Steve gw0gei / GW9J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.