Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB cables has any body connect USB from 6000 series to an OM-2000A+

USB cables has any body connect USB from 6000 series to an OM-2000A+, At I have been connecting my amp direct to my pc using a null serial lead, where the band data comes through SmartSDR cat program, but I would like to connect my 6700 direct to my amp to send band data with out a need of pc .. Any idea out there?

Answers

• Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi I connected my OM4000A yesterday, only a few minutes after downloading 1.10 etc.
    I used the null modem cable to connect to an FTDI serial -usb cable then plugged the USB end into a 4port usb which was plugged into the 6700. The 4 port USB also has a Steppir cable plugged into it, and a Green Heron Controller.
    1.10.8 found everything perfectly and the OM4000 changes bands etc as it should as does the Steppir.
    The USB setup is marvellous.
    Regards
    Ross
    ZL1WN/ZL1N
  • Ross Biggar
    Ross Biggar Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I used 9600 by the way, The OM will show you on its screen if communication is working or not, mine is set up for Flexradio, I tried 19200 and it lost commuication.
    Ross
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Used a Null Modem Cable with a standard DB9 to USB Cable and No Joy.  Changed the DB9 USB to a FTDI DB9 to USB and Plug it in to the XCVR Port then to the Flex 6700 USB Port.  With OM set to Flexradio and 9600 Baud and everything work as advertised.  The FTDI as Array Solutions (Jay) said is the only way to go.  To further explain the Set Up....  On the Flex go to Settings - USB Cables and be sure that the Cable shows up in that window.  Enable that one.  Edit if you wish and rename the cable to something like OM-2000A+ Cable.    Good Luck
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi Ross:    What do your Flex usb settings look like for the OM2000A+?   Jay said not BCD but CAT settings so the Amp segments will follow as you tune the Radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.