Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR1.10.8 RF Power Control

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
SSDR 1.10.8 works fine with me, especially new USB feature works fine with my SPE linear.
One issue I noticed is;
  RF Power slider or Max Power window in setup does not allow me to change the maximum power.   Try to move the slider and it comes back to where it was.  Max Power window does not allow me to enter any figures.  Also DDUtil seemingly does not control the RF power.

Do I miss some changes for controlling RF Power in version 1.10.8?

73 de JI1BNU
Ken Yamada

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

If your amp cat cable is now connected to the flex usb port and you changed the amp cat setting to flex and the spe is in operate mode, the drive power is now being controlled by the amps drive power feature.

• Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I had no difficulty with the basic upgrade. However Logger 32 does not like the changes and so far I have not been able to determine why. It will load up and show the frequency etc, but a couple of minutes later, this reverts to 000 and the rotor disconnects. All settings are per my old profile and all comports are set up as per older versions of Smart SDR. I don't use DDUtil, but the VSC in Logger 32 to control the Steppir and this function does not work either. I got it to work for a short time by removing all settings and re-setting them, but this morning, back to not working.

Similarly on CW Skimmer, it would not show decodes until I changed slices and then reverted to slice A, with its correct identification of course! And yes I did change the Dax channel and then changed it back to Channel 1.

• Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Larry is correct. If the Expert is on and in OP mode then the amp controls the Flex output power. It works great and one of my favorite features of how they work together.

Ken I think you will like this feature once you have it setup.

Lee
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you, Larry. 
    Yes, I understand that SPE controls the RF power of Flex.   And if I turn off SPE, I can control maximum power manually.
    I did not recognize that SPE sets the defaults power level for LOW/MID/MAX.
    Great feature!!

> Brian
       I use Logger32 without any problem.  You may check COM port number as it sometimes changes.

73 de JI1BNU
    Ken Yamada
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    This caught me off guard as well. You can adjust the drive power from the amp with the arrow buttons once the Cat is in "flex" mode.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.