Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Puzzled by Maestro screen "select a version"

Options
My Flex 6300 is running Smart software version 1.99.  When I open the Maestro, it says to select a version and all three require a radio update and all three are BELOW my 1.99.  There is no v1.99 option (only v1.913.23, v1.7.32.15 and v1.8.4.18).  When I choose one of these, the Flex it says that I am downgrading my software.  What's going on?  I'm in a loop!  Help!  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You will always see past versions as an option to roll back.  if you change the Maestro version, the radio has to adjust the firmware as well.  

Nothing wrong.  Just stay at 1.99 for both the radio and Maestro.

Mike va3mw
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Is there a 1.99 version?

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    1.9.13 is NEWER than 1.9.9. He forgot the second decimal
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Upgrade both your Maestro and PC, along with the radio to 1.9.13 and you should be cool.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It's a 1.99.x vs 1.9.9 thing.  My eyes scanned over that fast and caught me off guard too.
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    As I recently learn; I did exactly what you are thinking of doing: If you have not done it yet.
    I learned from Tim and the Elmer's in the group that you must disregard the numbers after the 1.9.3 since 1.9.9 is an older version than 1.9.3. 
    It took me a while to re-do what I had done.. I hope this gets to you ASAP.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    With the next Maestro release, the 4th number after the decimal will be retired.  We will only show the first three version numbers like we do for SmartSDR for Windows.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    1.9.13 Not 1.9.3

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.