Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MAC address availability on Signature Series

John Deegan
John Deegan Member
edited July 2019 in New Ideas
In
a future release of SmartSDR, would it be possible to identify the radio's MAC address in the Setting > Radio Setup > Network box? I know how to find the MAC address, but I'm sure there are others who can't. Just a suggestion. Best 73s de K9XT

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Seems to me if someone doesn't have the knowledge of how to find the MAC address, he/she wouldn't know what do with it anyway.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited December 2016
    Wow.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    There are limited use cases where knowing the MAC address is necessary, such as DHCP reservations and some advanced firewall / wifi (whitelist/blacklist) setups.  However, most devices that need a MAC usually retrieve it from the network so the user does not have to hunt it down and manually enter a 48-bit hex string.  

It would be straightforward to provide this information as it is in every packet that comes from the radio.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Some people have to throw in a dig.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.