Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX2 will not stay enabled

AH0U
AH0U Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have a6700 using 913.173 software...I have SO2R set on ANT1 and TX1 and slice B set to ANT2 and TX2 using the 4O3A switch to switch my Alpha between the two slices... I set the radio to enable TX1 and TX2 and the setup works until I change slices then TX2 goes to

disabled and only TX1 is enabled and both slices key with it..... is this a software bug??

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    As early as yesterday I saw the same issue with TX1. The symptom was my linear stopped working. I eventually noticed tx1 was disabled. When I was under windows with ddutil it automagically reenabled. What's with that???
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    What's with that???

This is a challenge we run into all the time in support.  With the API allowing unprecedented access to the radio controls, using 3-rd programs that can change the operating state of the radio results in an increased number of support incidents.  Most of the time the final disposition is the radio is doing exactly what it was told to do.

So in troubleshooting, divide and conquer is the name of the game (disconnecting 3rd-party apps and see if the "anomalous" behavior stops.)

There is a default setting in DDUtil that changes the state of the TX Relay.  I can't remember off the top of my head the actual setting to change this behavior.  Sri.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Huh? I did not realize that Tim. As you know, I use XPSSDR under Linux so no ddutil. I've probably had the amp now for 3 years, 6500 longer, and never saw this until the night before last.

Totally off topic. Recall my reporting of the win10 1607 update breaking my win10 image? Turns out win10 has a bug that should you have a.computer with and integrated video and you use the video card instead, win10 will randomly decide to route video to the integrated video not in use. The xps8910's integrated video was strictly DP and as my monitors were vga/dvi I could not use it. After successfully applying 1607, the faux devices for ssdr were complete hosed. This is weird as I hadn't finished setting that windows up for ssdr.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I am not using ant other programs ... just the Flex software.
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I had the same issue and here is the fix.  I already reported it to Steve Nance and he has corrected the default for the next release.

The problem is on the MISC setting on the main form the autodrive setting is defaulted to STBY.  You goal is to change it to OPER.  Here is how you do that.

1. With DDUTIL running Enable all TX lines in SmartSDR.

2. Go into the Setup and bring up the Options form.  Go to the tab marked Autodrive.  Check all the boxes for the different bands.  Then click the enable button.

3. Go back to the MICSC form from the main DDUTIL form. Now you can change the STBY to Oper by clicking on it.

4. Go back to the SETUP form and Autodrdrive tab and uncheck enable.

5. Stop an Start DDUTIL while watching the SmartSDR TX setting screen.  If you did everything correctly then all the TX lines will stay enabled.  If not play with the order of the settings above.  I think I have them correct. If some go off turn then back on and toggle the OPER STBY button once and it should fix it.

It took some reading to find this.  Hope it helps.

Harold
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

This one setting allows manual control of TX settings. I save my TX settings in TX profiles, with this setting checked DDUTIL no longer interferes.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Thank you, Larry.
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    You only enable that if you are using AUTODRIVE which you have enabled.  The issue is that on the main screen he has the relays basically defaulting to disabled.  When you enable Autodrive it allows you to change it to OPER as I stated above.  I spoke with Steve, the author of the software, and he has changed the default to OPER for the next release.  You on need to do what you did if you are gouing to leave Autodrive enabled.  I am not using it so thus the procedure I wrote above.  You have Autodrive enable so I assume you are using it.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You can allow DDUTIL to control TX lines as you state or you can control them manually with the manual TX setting. Even with the manual setting activated auto drive still functions as far as it using your configured drive levels. Operator choice, I just prefer controlling them myself using TX profiles.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.