Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My Power SDR (both 2.7.2 and Darrin's T10) have stopped showing the CPU %, F'heit/Celsius toggle

Options
Peter
Peter Member
My Power SDRs (both 2.7.2 and Darrin's T10) have stopped showing the CPU% (it does not even appear on the screen) and I cannot toggle F'heit/Celsius (which do appear, but do not function). Apart from those matters, the programs function without a problem, with no noticeable latency.
I am running Vista and a Flex 3000.  The CPU normally operates at about 60% on a core duo PC. The problem arose recently and suddenly on boot up, with both operating normally on shut down the previous day.  I have re-installed both programs and the problem persists.  This is my only issue and both relate to the lower left hand corner of the screen.
Could I have unknowingly toggled the indicators off, or done something within Vista?
The CPU% still indicator within Vista's Control Panel still functions.
Thanks for your efforts Darrin. Wonderful improvement, and very much appreciated.  I will install T11 shortly.

Answers

• Larry Williamson
    Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options

Peter,

I also have noticed the same things you have mentioned, and like you-- where wondering if is was my PC or something else on my side.

Will wait and see if other's report it also.

Regards,

Larry

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • Larry Williamson
    edited June 2018
    Options

Thanks Tim-----Talk about great product support!

Thanks,

Larry

N7ZDR

• Peter
    Peter Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thanks Tim, however I had seen that article in the Help Desk, and applied it without any success. I did receive the message "Successfully rebuilt performance counter setting from system backup"

I am still left with no CPU performance indicator showing, and I am still unable to toggle Centigrade/F'heit  OR to display Volts. These did all work nicely, but not now. 

I also note that "Space WX (in the OFF position) cannot be toggled ON (however I do not use this feature).  My "Date" and "LOC Time" work just fine.

Any further suggestion?
    Thanks,
    Peter

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    In PowerSDR, we use a .NET class to get the CPU utilization.  It is a simple piece of .NET code.  If it doesn't work, then two things are happening; (a) it did not return a valid value from the performance counters (what the HD article addresses) or (b) there is something amiss in WinForms preventing a valid value from being displayed.
  • Larry Williamson
    edited June 2018
    Options

Peter, I will try this fix when I get home tonight and report back.

Larry 

• Peter
    Peter Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi Larry,

Great!  It did not work for me.  I might have to install Windows 7!!   I should do that anyway as Vista is no longer supported by Microsoft.
    Next week I can access another PC with Vista installed, along with Power SDR & T10.  If the Flex 3000 works correctly on this other PC, I am then rather sure it is a PC issue I have at present.
    I hope Tim's "fix" works for you!

Cheers,
    Peter
  • Larry Williamson
    edited June 2018
    Options
    FYI,
    I had the 3000 running for about 3 hours last night. I never needed to perform the "fix" and all worked well. Will continue to watch this and report back.
    I will add that I do shut the PC down every night and this re-boot could have corrected it.

Regards,
    Larry

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.