Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RTTY this past weekend

Mike va3mw
Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hat's off to the entire Flex team! This was the first time I have used the 6300 for an RTTY contest. I have to admit, the difference was amazing. I clearly copied signals that I could not have previously done with an Analogue radio even with a narrow cw filter. There were times I was copying much weaker signals right beside very loud FSK signals, and that includes some AFSK stations that were obviously over driving their radio. The new filters with the reduced latency was clearly noticed even with me running remote using Softether to handle my VPN connection. I know enough about software to understand the herculean effort that is going on in Texas. Gerald and Team. Thanks. Mike va3mw

Comments

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi Mike. I started with low latency and went to high latency sharp filters towards the end. I went from one extreme to the other. Other than in the 2Tone and MMTTY spectrum display I couldn't tell any difference between the two. I'm wonder if you noticed anything different than I did. What should I look for?

Kev K4VD
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I left it in stock Auto mode, but others in the Alpha group claimed better (less) latency when they went for the sharper filters. I also did find (like others) that reducing the audio into MMTTY was a big help as well. Less audio signal seemed to give a better signal to noise ratio. I"m sure others will share their findings. Mike va3mw

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.