Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Setting up for LAN... total rookie

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
So this may seem a ridiculous set of questions and some may ask for my extra class license to be rescinded as a result of stupidity ... but as the weekend arrives I may try "messing" with a home network so that the 6300 can be on a LAN and discoverable with  iOS 10 devices.  I have had numerous PCs over the years but never actually got around to setting up a home network where several PCs shared a printer, etc.  Way back in early Windows days when home networking was becoming easier, I tried once but never really got beyond the basics of having several PCs share one internet connection. 

Let me start with...  is ALL that is needed is for the Flex to be plugged in to a spare port on the cable modem/router or do I have to formally establish a home network?  At home we have two desktops PCs and three laptops , one is connected to the router via Ethernet, the rest via Wifi. 

I'll stop there and save other questions for later. 

Answers

• George Fenwick
    edited April 2018
    You've just described your home network! Plug the flex into a port on the router! Add a wifi printer and you're done! W2AIV
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yep, just plug it into the LAN side of your router. The flex will broadcast its presence and the app will pick it up.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yep. Anything connected to your router is potentially part of the home network. For some devices, you may need to define what Workgroup or Homegroup they are part of, or define their file sharing properties in the network properties, but that is really simple. If you haven't changed any of them, they are probably already on the default Workgroup. As far as using the Flex from other computers or iOS devices on your LAN, you are good to go! Install the software on the device and go for it. Removing from OUTSIDE your LAN is a little more complicated, but not much. And it will get a lot easier when V.2.0 is released.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    If you do not feel comfortable with that level of system administration you can always simply plug your computer directly into the radio.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Another "Auto-Corrupt" error........ "REMOTING from outside your LAN.......". Not REMOVING.....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.