Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows updates resets DAX and other weird stuff

Ria
Ria Member ✭✭✭
Not really asking a question, just relating an experience.

Windows 10 did an update here. I've been putting it off but just got fed up and figured it was good for security too. Even after the initial reboot it sent DAX into a tizzy, specifically DAX IQ wasn't outputting anything. I couldn't get CW Skimmer to work at all.

A few reboots later it worked but I found that just weird. 

Answers

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Ria,

Did you close DAX and CAT before the update? I did and the update went without a hitch.
    Just asking.
    Roy - W5TKZ
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Yes.
  • Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Ria, the same issue here with my Flex6500. I was obliged to uninstall all SmartSDR software after this Windows 10 upgrade. Everything seems to work nicely now after this big mess. I didn't closed DAX and CAT before the upgrade, will check CW skimmer soon, but no error anymore in DAX and CAT panels for now!
  • Bob - W7KWS -
    Bob - W7KWS - Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Windows updates have never been a problem here on several PCs. These machines now all run WIN10. Two were upgraded directly from Windows 7, and three tablets from WIN8.1

Neither SSDR nor any one of a hundred other applications have ever suffered following upgrades or updates.

Understending why some have little difficulty versus those who do would sure go a long way to minimize these kinds of troubles.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Good to know you got things going again Ria . I have not had an update in the short time I have owned a 6300. I use my 6300 connected to. Win 10 machine some days and a Win 7 manchine on other days . I wonder what effect switching between updated windows of different types has ? Andy .
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Windows 10 updates do not play nice with virtual kernel mode drivers.  This issue is not exclusive to our CAT (virtual serial port) and DAX (virtual sound card) drivers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.