Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VSP Port Settings

Options
Steve Belcak
Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
I did a complete uninstall of SmartSDR, checked for ghosted com ports then did the anniversary update for Win 10 Pro. Next I installed latest Smartsdr Ver. 1.9     I then went to Smartsdr Cat and added the additional com ports that I needed.

Back in Win 10 pro, in device manager, if I look at the properties of any of the VSP ports, there is no settings tab......is this normal? for some reason I want to remember the older version of Cat showed a settings tab. My hardware related com ports show a settings tab.

so it seems the only place I can adjust baud rates, parity etc. is in the 3rd party software.......

things seem to be working but I'm uncomfortable that this doesn't seem to be right!

Anyone else see the same thing?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks   Steve

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    No settings tab for me.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Steve,
      When your'reusing VSP's ( SSDR CAT)  there is no need to set baud rate etc. since with a virtual serial port the data is never converted to serial.. The app writes a byte into a register that it thinks is for a UART and the other end reads that same register directly.   So no need to worry about baud rate ( or settings tab) for Virtual Serial Ports.

Its only when you have an actual hardware serial port that you have settings tab.

AL, K0VM
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You are doing nothing wrong.  There are no settings for the FlexVSP virtual com ports.  The virtual driver is configured to dynamically adjust to various flow-control, baud, data and stop bit settings automatically.
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thank You......73   Steve

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.