Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Ghost signal on Flex 3000

Morris Wideman
Morris Wideman Member ✭✭
Ghost signal Last night on my Flex 3000 while working a DX pileup on 20M @ 14.268Mhz I found that if I tuned to 14.260 I could hear the same station and pileup.image
and I found I could eliminate this ghost signal by changing something like the mic setup button or the SR button. I just duplicated this by tuning to WWV 10Mhz and as you can see there is a signal at 9.996 and it is same audio as WWV!. What I find now with this WWV signal is that with SR off no ghost with SR on ghost signal. Can anyone duplicate this condition with their 3000? Anyone have any thought why this would happen and is it something to be concerned about does the radio have a problem? I have not seen anything like this before. My system is Flex 3K, Power SDR 2.7.2 with DJ console, HRD 6.3.0.563 and Dell 660 I5 computer 8GB ram  Thanks WA4MIT Morris

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I used to see "image" signals pop up on my 1500 at random intervals, usually after the rig had been running for a long time, or if I had done a lot of band hopping in rapid succession, or if I opened PSDR too quickly before the rig had stabilized after a power-up.  The "image" was usually inverted sideband - if the real signal was USB, the "image" was LSB, etc.

If I closed PSDR and power-cycled the rig and let it sit for a minute before restarting PSDR, then it usually would clear up.

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.