Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem with iOS App Finding My 6300

Options
Rick
Rick Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have purchased the app, the 6300 is running and is connected to a switcher on my network. The app will not find my 6300. What am I doing wrong? RicK, W2JAZ

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

1. Be sure your iPad/iPhone is connected to the same LAN as your Flex.

2. Put the app first in search mode.

3. Verify that your Flex can be "found" with SmartSDR on your computer.

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Make sure you wireless network does not prevent you from seeing other clients on your wired network.  
  • Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I suspect that my router is blocking the connection but don't know how to fix this. I've tried Jim's 3 steps and no dice. SmartSDR is working fine on the computer to radio connection.
    Rick
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You will have to look at your Router / Access point.   Make sure you are not on a Guest network.  You may also have to look through all the security settings and see if it limits  you from having clients communicate with each other over Wifi.  Some routers do this to ensure that the Wifi traffic is limited.  You might have to just try making a security change and see if you can see it.  If not, then change it back.   These are the 'features' that manufactures add in place to help securing your system.  

• Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thanks! Not my strong suite but I'll grab my NetGear router manual and see what I can do. I really want to use this new app and don't want to lose $50 in the process!
    Rick, W2JAZ
  • Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Got it! It was a combination of things. I had to make an adjustment in the Security-Access at the router. I then found that my iPad had connected to an area Xfinity hotspot instead of the home network. We had been away and just got back. The SSDR is amazing and working just fine now! Thanks to the "Elmers."
    Rick, W2JAZ
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Glad to hear it!  I was going to ask to make sure the IP address on your iPad was what you thought it should be.  Have fun!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.