Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro bug? - 1.8.4

mlstutler
mlstutler Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Flex 6300 and Maestro.   Maestro is connected via Wifi.   Occasionally when the version screen appears the Maestro will begin a step 3 of 4 download.   It then seems to boot fine on the version.   I have had it happen about 3 times.   Wondering if this is a tracked issue?

Mike, W8MLS

Comments

• Mal
    Mal Member
    edited April 2019
    I suddenly have the same thing, it takes about 2 seconds then starts normally.
    Mal
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    I have had the problem occasionally since I updated. Don't remember if it was there with the previous version.
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I went back and found very similar threads.   Tim had advised that if any had this issue to open a support ticket.   I went ahead and opened a ticket.

Mike
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    This is well known. I don't recall if this is considered a bug, but it is considered harmless.

• mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The fact that it happens intermittently leads me to believe that some condition is happening that the boot up process is triggering the processes for step 3/4.   it may be harmless,  then again maybe one time it will brick the Maestro.  
  • Mark G Thomas
    Mark G Thomas Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Mine does this sometimes too. I am guessing it might be a consequence of the protective measures put in place to solve the prior maestro-bricking problem, and will probably be addressed in a future update.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    This is a known issue that will be addressed with the next release of SmartSDR for Maestro.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    have to ask....

" will be addressed with the next release of SmartSDR for Maestro"

and when would that be?

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Come on TIM. YOU KNOW BETTER. THAN TO ASK THAT QUESTION. When the answer is obviously either SOON or SOMEDAY. Hi Hi.
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    On another thread Steve said that 1.9 is targeted for release mid September so I guess then?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Please note the language in Steve's post - targeted for mid-September.  This is assuming that all of the coding stays on schedule and we do not discover anything in testing that requires significant time to address. 
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ok..I'll volunteer..what do you need from me to help meet that date?  coffee,  cookies..Patriots tickets....
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Just patience ;-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.