Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

waterfall rate slower now

EA4GLI
EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
It seems to me the waterfall rate when the Slider is at 100 and you zoom in is slower than it is displaying. The scale has a marker every 2 seconds and I am timing the waterfall at over 3 seconds in that span.

Measuring method
I take a horizontal line in the waterfall produced by noise and I start the stopwatch when it reaches 2 seconds and stop it at 4 seconds. I know I will not be exact, but it is consistently in the 3 seconds range

The Scale changes depending on the rate but anything between 86 and 100 rate will still keep the scale at -2, -4, -6, etc... which is odd. There isn't a clear direct relation between the rate number and the actual speed.

The slower pace of the waterfall was noticeable to my **** eye because before I could easily see the dots and dashes on CW and now they get "mashed" together.

When I zoom out the speed goes back to the correct speed. I can time it with a speed watch and it is consistently 2s vs the 3s when I am zoomed in.

Comments

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    No one else is seeing this behavior?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Trying to get some attention.... has anyone notice this behavior?
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Yes, I noticed it when I installed 1.8.4 last night.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We timestamp the spectrum data as it is received from the radio.  I'd like to hear if others observe this same behavior before entering it as a defect.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Nordic! Good to know I am not going completely crazy already.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Tim. I feel the same way... I am also very hesitant to call something a defect unless it is seen by others... therefore the sharing with the community.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    I'll be out of town starting this afternoon so I won't be able to verify until Sunday. I'm sure it will be verified either way by others before then.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Bumping this.
    Anyone seeing this behavior of the waterfall?
  • NICETO - EA5ZL
    NICETO - EA5ZL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi all,

Salvador, following your stopwatch procedure, timestamp is correct in my 6300. Tested for a 10 seconds period.

My system: Core i5, Windows 10 pro anniversary update, 24GB Ram, 456GB SSD, Video card Gigabyte GT730 2GB DDR5.
    All drivers provided by the operating system (installed from Zero).

Hope usefull ;-)

73 Ni
    EA5ZL
  • NICETO - EA5ZL
    NICETO - EA5ZL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Full zoom in, no difference. tested now 20 seconds, Android chronometer showed 20.4 sec (possibly not accurate because of the tactil interface. If necessary I can borrow a sports stopwatch from my wife). 

By the way, SSDR full zoom and full screen on 29" LCD.

Best Ni
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Moderator you can close this post.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I am closing this topic as per the poster's request.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.