Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New UHD monitor

Options
N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
I just replaced three (one 27 inch, one 32 inch, one 28 inch) HD (2048 X 1080) monitors with one 48 inch (Vizio model E48u-DO) UHD (4096 X 2160) monitor and I am very happy with the results.

The pros have far outweighed the cons so far.

Pros       1   Everything is now shown on the one screen.

2.  Following the mouse on one screen is much easier.

3.  I can now see the entire Control Panel (including the Equalizer Panel) without

Having to move the panels around.

4.  Reduced amount of cables and adapters required.

5.  Not having to turn 3 monitors on and off.

Cons.     1.  The monitor takes up a lot of desk space (approximately   43 inches wide X 27 inches high).

But actually less space than the three combined monitors.

2.  The expense of a “Big” new monitor. However the three smaller monitors cost about

the same as the 48 inch one.

3.  I need a “Smart Phone” to do any major adjustments to the monitor and I am not very

proficient with my phone.

The attached file is a screen shot of the monitor with SSDR plus 4 other active programs.

Al,  N4AB

Comments

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Congrats... FYI, not sure where you got your "UHD (4096 X 2160)" from for that Display but according to the visio web site
    • ResolutionUltra HD - 3840x2160
     There are definitely pros and cons to going to a large Display.. keep in mind this is a TV Display not a PC Display and I think you will find the differences are mainly in refresh rates.

Enjoy

David
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    What video card are you driving it with?
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thats true David but I was able to select 4096x2160 in advanced display settings in WIN 10 so I'm not really sure of the actual resolution but it works OK.

Ken the video card is a Nivida GeForce GTX 745 4GB,

73 Al,   N4AB
This discussion has been closed.