Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Issue with Maestro v1.8 Update

2»

Comments

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    None, not one
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Given you level of admiration for the company and staff, you should order that Maestro and add a gratuity as a thank you. This as opposed to constantly threatening to sell your radio.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    As soon as we can get one of the affected units in to validate our root cause assumption and then code the fix.  It should not be a protracted process.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Glad I read this note. I'm picking my Maestro up today from UPS.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Tim,

Flex should receive my RMA Maestro today.  UPS Tracking shows it out for delivery.   Take good care of her and be gentle.  :-)  

Cal/N3CAL
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I love Flex's attitude of fully exploiting technology and their leadership of this is how it should be done. An ability like this would be another industry first for them and I see it as a win win for both FRS and the end user, however, I just do not know enough to fully understand just how useful a capability like this would be.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It would be interesting to see how long it would take the big three **** manufacturers to respond to this type fault. I have an Icom 7100 that has a power problem and after numerous e-mails to Icom product support, I'm still waiting for a reply. This all started 6 months ago. As a Flex owner I am one lucky dude.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Bob, I think that's largely a scaling problem. How many customers does ICOM have, how many does FRS have?

How many customers does Maytag and LG have? How many customers does your local appliance store have?

I think the advantage of having a distributor is it adds another level of indirection. Think of it as an organization chart. The 'direct reports' of the manufacturer are the distributors, HRO, DX Engineering,Bill's Appliances, for example. Underneath the distributors are the customers. In this model, manufacturers are set up to deal with their customers, not their customer's customers.

Can one even buy direct from KYI?

On that issue, I'd work through the place you bought it. If it's out of warranty, then you'd get a bill for service, just like you would from FRS. However, if you bypassed the distributor and are trying to engage the manufacturer directly, good luck, whether it is a ham radio or a dishwasher, color tv, etc.

When I had a problem with a Sony Home Theater amplifier, I didn't try to work through Sony International. I took it back to the local Sony retailer, where I bought it and made it THEIR problem to get it resolved.

As for feeling lucky, a much younger Clint Eastwood character comes to mind. hihi.
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That's good that Yaesu finally is doing the right things on the OLED's
    because they had a different approach just not that long ago. Many
    complaints on the Eham review page about it. So good for you that
    they are replacing all rather than the piece-meal approach that was
    their policy for some time.

73, Jim N9VC
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Organic Light Emitting Diodes? As in the newer technology 4K televisions?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I am awed by our newLG 4K SmartTV. It's incredibly low wattage and, in theory, not subject t to pixel failure. Best part, I don't have e to feed them.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I don't think it's a scaling problem. The word is that Icom doesn't it has a problem, consequently it's ignoring it.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Be that as it may, I find, when buying a major manufacturers products work through a local retailer or one close by and make your problems THEIR problems.I am not surprised what you tried failed. They don't care if you come back, that local retailer does. At least in the states, FRS is 'the local retailer'.

But whatever.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.