Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WiFi issue or battery issue? Wifi auto transition question?

Options
Steven Hess
Steven Hess Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Operating on battery I notice that when I key using the FM-1 mic and internal speaker up my WiFi performance degrades to poor. It slowly recovers to excellent. I'm on 5Ghz. I don't see this running off the AC adapter.  I'm basically right under the under the Ubiquity WiFI access point. Do I have a **** battery? I got a Mogix 10400mAh  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFVNLXK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 from Amazon. It's one Gerald was using I believe. 

I also notice that the WiFi doesn't automatically transition from one AP zone to the next. I have to go into Network settings and select Wifi Settings and reconnect. I guess the embedded Windows environment may be the issue here. The Ubiquity AP hardware passes off automatically on all our other devices.      

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Steve Wifi will not automatically go from 1 zone to another for streaming devices. That is by Wifi design. While we know access points by SSID, the hardware knows them by BSSID. For consumer devices each AP has a unique BSSID. This is not the fault of Flex or the Maestro in any way. What you are seeing is normal and working as designed. Companies like Cisco and Meru have changed the way Wifi works in a commercial environment so that there is a 'perceived' hand off. MIke va3mw
  • Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ah yes. The streaming part does make it different. What's interesting my iPhone 6+ on a WiFi phone call perceives to transition even if it doesn't. ( ATT really does hate me when it comes to putting a usable cellular signal into my house.)  
  • Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This is interesting. Now I've returned my Maestro back to its normal position and got it hooked back up to the AC adapter again. After having it powered down for a while I have come back and power it up again. My WiFi icon on the Maestro is all over the place. Poor to Good. Not showing excellent at all. As there are no other 5GHz signals around here I'm wondering what is going on? Looking at the logging from the Ubiquity Unifi application nothing seems amiss. Is the Mastero's network indication being super critical. I've got no audio dropouts going either way. The Unifi application says the Maestro is using the AP in this room.  It's sure showing a lot of poor. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.