Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Log from laptop while operating SSDR from another computer

Options
Bob KC9RF
Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in New Ideas
I've had my flex for three weeks and started out wanting to use two screens one for logging and the other for SSDR.  My Laptop screen was setup for SSDR and the other was an extended screen via HDMI port to display for logging qrz lookup etc. The setup works but is a bit cumbersome . I also wanted to log from a common database file from two computers. I like to run SSDR from either my laptop (wireless) or desktop and I didn't want to keep importing or exporting log's  using HRD free ver 5.24. I like to see as much information displayed as possible in the shack.
The setup 

1. Common database file uses a dropbox folder (your name) Setup HRD on both computers to
open this file. To setup go to www.dropbox.com and download. 

2. Desktop computer I set up SSDR cat on slice A to com 4 or any port of your choosing
    Start SSDR. Slice A any freq.
    HRD- use flex radio setup keep the baud rate low at 9600 and connect to com 4

3. Close out SSDR on Desktop

3. Laptop Same procedure- set SSDR Cat to Com 6 or port X    (not com 4)
    Start SSDR on Laptop ( this is just to confirm connection when running HRD
    Start HRD- use flex radio setup keep the baud rate low at 9600 and connect to com 6

4. If desktop is still running HRD notice the frequency appears in display window even though
    program is being run from laptop. or vice versa. From either computer you can change the
    frequency and see it track on the other. To keep it simpler just run SSDR on one computer
    and logging on the other if you like.

I'm sure other logging programs can be run in a similar manner. I'm not a con tester but I can log from either computer. I'm sure there are other applications using  3rd party software that might be useful.   "Go Flex"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.