Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Version 2.0 timing and suggestion

Ric KV1W
Ric KV1W Member
edited June 2020 in New Ideas

I am very happy with my 6500 and Maestro

I would like to offer a suggestion for 2.0:

When operating the 6500 remotely over the internet, I suggest that provisions be made to "wake it up" over the Internet. (Similar to a PC with "wake on" capability.

Otherwise I will have to use another piece of hardware or leave the 6500 on 24x7
I now use a RemoteRig box for audio, PTT and Remote Power On, but would like to do it all with Maestro

Thanks

Ric KV1W

Comments

• Ric KV1W
    Ric KV1W Member
    edited March 2017
    Oh Yes, when is 2.0 likely to arrive?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You can already do remote on/off using these two devices...

First,  you need a NEO or WiMo wifi switched AC jack....  I use the NEO  which is about $22.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IWHDAKA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both have applications for iPhone, iPad or Android Phone.

Then you need to add an AC Switched relay....This one is about $8.95

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017743I7S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is a relay that plugs in to the NEO / WiMo switched AC output.  It has terminals on the back side for NO or NC relay contacts.  Connect a cable with RCA plug an feed it to the Rear Panel REMOTE ON jack.  Now when you use the NEO / WiMo controller, it will turn the rig on or off.

I have three of the NEO units.  I use one to control the rig, another to switch my antennas, and the third wioll be used to control the power supply and/or computer.

Innovation doesn't cost a lot.  But it is fun.

Ken - NM9P
  • Ric KV1W
    Ric KV1W Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi Ken,
    Yes, that is a solution. I am hoping that Flex can do what PCs do and let the Ethernet front end be on all the time and power up the radio on command.
    But I don't know if the hardware is there to do that.
    I can, of course add hardware of various sorts, like I did with RemoteRig.
    BUT it would be elegant to see the Maestro just do it all.
    73, Ric
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

You would need to leave the DC supply on all the time.

You can then use the Belkin WeMo Maker connected to the remote on port. Program the WeMo Maker to toggle the relay. That is what I use. They have an app for both Android and iPhone that allows you to turn the radio on and off. I use a second WeMo Maker to toggle the auto tune amp on & off.

As Ken pointed out using one of the Internet AC switches allows you to toggle the DC supply on and off.

Dave wo2x

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ric, I agree with Dave's suggestion. I also use a Weno Maker as do many others. They are very easy to setup and use. I am currently in the U.S. and can switch my 6700 on and off at my solar powered remote site back in Tasmania. I use another Maker to turn my computer on and off. I also use the remote sensor input of the Maker to send status condition back to the iPhone App. The Maker can also be setup as in toggle or pulse mode which is also useful. Good luck and 73 Winston
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I suggest Dayton
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    First,  you need a.......................
    Then you need ............

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.