Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro receiver bandwidth selection

Options
Paul Bradbeer
Paul Bradbeer Member
edited July 2018 in New Ideas
As far as I can see, Rx bandwidth type (high/low or shift/width) persists between CW and SSB modes. For me, and i suspect many others, the former is better suited to SSB and the latter is better suited to CW. Can we have a way that SSB will default to high/low, and CW will default to shift/width please?
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Great Idea.

AL, K0VM
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    On AM it is nice to pull or push the filter bandwidth to match the signal width. Using the filter profiler it would be nice to change the bandwidth but not the center frequency. Something like CTRL or Shift with the mouse movement to disallow carrier shift. No big deal .. just a refinement if possible.

W7NGA dan
    San Juan Island, Wa.
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi-Lo should automatically be the default for SSB, and Shift-Width should automatically be the default for CW. The minority dessenters should have to do the long press if they want it differently. Or, allow it to be specified by the user. You know, "Flex" radio.
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No Mouse here, Dan....I'm specifically talking about the Maestro controls. Though, to be honest, I found the SSDR adjustments a bit fiddly.... Paul M0CVX
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks for your comment, Charles....that's exactly what I think. However, there has been no response from FRS, so I might wait until Monday/Tuesday and 'bump' it up. I also have an issue with the order in which filters are selected (knob presses select increasing bandwidth, not decreasing..) but that appears to be getting a good ignoring too....I guess they're busy post - Dayton and pre-release of the next Maestro software... Paul M0CVX
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I was just putting it out to the universe as a general idea. I forgot your posting related to Maestro.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This idea is under consideration
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I like this.  Its a pretty good idea.
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks, Chris.  Not sure if you or Tim have seen it yet, but I also posted an idea about changing the direction that knob presses cycle through the filter bandwidths...at the moment they seem to go in increasing width (if I have 100, 200, 400 800 and 1200 as chosen settings, if I'm on 400 I have to go through 4 pushes to get to 200).  I believe they should select in the direction of decreasing width.  Best Regards  Paul M0CVX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.