Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Uncommanded audio to 100%

John G3WGV
John G3WGV Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Maestro
Maestro + Flex 6500, SW 1.7.32.15, WiFi link to nearby router

My new Maestro was sitting quietly on the desk, connected to the radio but with the VFO-A audio muted while I attended to other things around the shack. Without any action from me the radio un-muted and the audio level ramped up to 100% over a couple of seconds. That was pretty loud so I rushed to wind it back down again, which it did without any problem. I was then able to mute the audio again and peace and quiet returned to the 'WGV household.

I checked the network link to see if there had been some sort of issue but found Status Excellent, latency 1ms and zero packets dropped, so I don't think it was a network glitch.

Maybe a one off glitch, perhaps some random noise from the AF gain encoder. It hasn't happened again but I thought it might be of interest.

73, John, G3WGV

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    It is a feature requested by XYLs/significant others to stop the ham falling asleep in the shack for protracted periods.
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It certainly worked in my case :)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2018
    If this happens again, please open a HelpDesk ticket so we can investigate.
  • John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Will do. It's a one-off so far. Perhaps the AF encoder was right on the edge of a state change and sent a string of pulses that M interpreted as the knob being rotated. Almost impossible to fault find. Not an issue, more a curiosity.
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I have had similar happen (but without external speaker) but not often enough to ascertain a pattern. But I do wonder why they have to deliver the Maestro with the volume set to wide open on every band. When I first fired it up I got a blast of sound that saw me scrambling to the unfamiliar knobs to find one that would stop the noise. My ears rang for a long time. Quite unnecessary.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.