Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio Switching and multiple DAX devices

John-K3MA
John-K3MA Member
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I found this program that allows me to easily switch audio devices and also clear up the multiple DAX devices listed in sound control panel when they display on this interface (note they still exist in the windows sound panel but you no longer need to go there to switch devices).  I have tested this on Windows 7 and Windows 10.  I have it load when Windows starts up.  WIth the tray icon it is now a two click operation to change from one audio device to another.

I am not associated with this program in anyway and just suggesting it for anyone that does audio switching from headset to local speakers that has gotten tired of having to scroll thru the multiple DAX devices to find the correct device each time you want to make a switch.

https://github.com/sirWest/AudioSwitch/releases

John K3MA
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for posting this John.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I tried this software and the thing I see is the reserved DAX channels. RT clicked and tried the settings but still get same results. Needs work.
  • John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    Bob follow these instructions.  Right click icon in task bar and bring up settings.  Click on second tab tittled "Devices".  On the left side of the window click on the device you want to remove from the view.  In our case one of the DAX devices.  One the right side of the view put check mark in box labelled "Hide device from switch list"  Click button "Save Settings".  When you do the Save the device text will change to slanted text font.  Move to next device in the list you want to hide and repeat.  Repeat again and again until all DAX devices are changed.  Click on "Close".  Now when you left click on the program in the task area to change the Audio device you will see the list does not have the DAX devices any longer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.