Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro CWX

Mark Erbaugh
Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in New Ideas

Apparently Maestro does not have the ability to send the CWX macros stored in the radio. Instead it uses it's built-in WinKeyer and the only thing I've seen for macros is to program the six function keys. I would like to see something more like the way CWX is supported in SSDR.

I see a couple options. A function button could be programmed to send a CWX macro, or a pop up screen could display buttons for each CWX macro. These buttons should stay until dismissed by the user. I typically use a macro to send my callsign in a pileup.

Comments

• Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Why not program the function buttons on the Maestro to correspond to the CWX macros? Understand that there are fewer available but........
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Mark the Maestro has a built in physical winkeyer. SSDR has a winkeyer emulator for use with programs like N1MM/etc that calls the base cwx functions.

As such it would be best to program the function buttons on your maestro as Bob stated above.. Think of it as if you would program the memories to activate the buttons on a wk3 box because its essentially the same deal.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have the three Maestro function keys programmed the same as my first 3 macros in CWX, which should be sufficient for normal pile-up chasing, even though that's probably not going to be the way the Maestro is regularly used.  I've programmed the F4-F6 keys to toggle APF, NR, & WNB.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.