Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex server download problem

Options
Bill K8WLK
Bill K8WLK Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is anyone having difficulty downloading the new software documentation?  I have been unable to do so for the last two days.  Maybe it's a server overload issue.

Answers

• Bill K8WLK
    Bill K8WLK Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Test Reply for my new email
  • Ken K7YR
    Ken K7YR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Bill,

Try the direct URL location provided by Tim.  I had the same problem and this location worked for me

Ken K7YR

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr_v1-7-30_installer-exe/?

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Based on the server monitoring and logs, the web server is not experiencing resource contention issues (overload condition) since our maintenance updates late Friday night.  I suspect that what you may be experiencing is probably related to a client side issue where a forced page load (F5 or CTRL+F5) will clear your browser cache and load the page from the server.
  • Bill K8WLK
    Bill K8WLK Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Tim, tried to download documentation and software using several browsers and three different PCs, No joy also, tried to use my iPad to download the documentation away from my home Wi-Fi and Internet it also would not work.

I tried the F5 clear, it cleared but no change.  Any suggestions, first time ever seen this

• Bill K8WLK
    Bill K8WLK Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tim, the download box does not appear but if you click in the area that is where it should be the file download.  I tried the link that you sent another user and I saw the download box and that worked.  But for some reason I see no download boxes on any of your documentation and software.

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I just downloaded the 49 MB SSDR 1.7.30 installer in less than 15 seconds.  The Maestro manual downloaded in 2.  Sorry that you are having trouble Bill, but it looks like the problem is on your side.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have the same problem. I don't see a "download" box and guess where it is. Probably an issue with our browser.
  • Ken K7YR
    Ken K7YR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi Bill & KA7GZR,

I don't know what the problem is.  It must be on your end.  I just clicked on the direct URL below and the download link worked just fine

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr_v1-7-30_installer-exe/

Ken K7YR

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I hate that the forced refresh did not work.  What manual are you trying to get?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    OK,  I have modified the file download page template to show a direct URL for downloading the file if the Download button image is not rendering properly in your browser.  Just click on the file name and it should start to download.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    You might have an extension on the browser blocking it. I would also try to flush your dns. In Windows from a command prompt type: ipconfig /flushdns there is a space after ipconfig. For Windows 7 1. Click Start. 2. Enter cmd in the Start menu search text box. 3. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator. 4. Run the following command: ipconfig /flushdns. If the command succeeds, the system returns the following message: ? This will force the browser to resolve dns again. Good luck.
  • Bill K8WLK
    Bill K8WLK Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions.  Interesting, the download box does not appear on any of my browsers on any of my three PCs.  In addition, I've tried my iPhone and my iPad both within my local network and outside the network, download box does not appear.  If you click on where the download box normally is you can download the document or software without a problem.I accidentally clicked on the page where the download box usually is which was a guess on my part and it worked.  I guess it's a gremlin  grabbing the download box ha ha.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.