Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Yaesu MH-31A8J Mic

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
I assume this mic will work with the MAESTRO. I hate to make assumptions. I was looking at the connection schematic, it shows a fast, up, down switches, I assume those are not connected in the MAESTRO.

Answers

• N4TTY
    N4TTY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    According to the Maestro User Guide:

Steve G./N4TTY
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Steve I looked at that illustration in the Maestro manual. If you go and check the Yaesu site for the connections on the MH-31A8J you will find some that don't match. If the up,down & fast are not used on the Flex Maestro circuit board, then everything is good. Thanks for the reply.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    It should work.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Tim.
  • Warren Wegerer
    Warren Wegerer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Bob, I'm wondering what you found with your MH-31 experiment? I know the wiring should work , but the MH-31 is a dynamic mic and I believe the Flex mics are condenser type. I'm guessing if it worked you  deselected Bias, and perhaps used the +20dB boost. What was your result with the MH-31 and what settings do/did you use if it was successful?
  • Alex B
    Alex B Member
    edited September 2019
    I tested the MH-31 mic over the last weekend with my FLEX 6300 and was pleasantly surprised, good audio reports. The mic is connected to my Maestro. Yes the 3 buttons do not work but as a temporary substitute until the original FLEX mic is acquired in due course, this serves as a good replacement and works. This mic is originally from my Yaesu 897D.
  • ik3ghr Fortunato
    ik3ghr Fortunato Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

• ik3ghr Fortunato
    ik3ghr Fortunato Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.