Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Invoicing

2»

Comments

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Maestro arrived safe and sound.  Now just need to open the box!
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Thank you Dudley... will follow your instructions.

You are great.... 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Are you telling us that you wasted valuable time posting here instead of opening that box? You must love us a lot! ( Or you are severely addicted to social media.). Congrats!
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I have been looking at mine for the last 2 hours in my office.  Had it shipped to work and now have to wait the rest of the day before I can play with it.
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Maestro arrived safe and sound.  Now just need to open the box!
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Ken,
    This all I can do with my Flex gear. No antenna to get on the air ...I just get to look at the boxes in the closet now. LOL  seriously!
    I will attend the NCARES club tonite and I will beg again for some help. I have offer to pay and feed them; with no result.
    When I lived in San Diego I had a similar experience and it took a year + $$ to get a professional antenna installer to do it. And at the same approximate time a club member NA6L and  my brother-in-law KK6UE help me get setup.
    Amateur radio It's not like it used to be. 

• Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Ernest, I bet if you looked around and joined a CONTEST club, you'll have help getting set up. When I lived in Virginia I was a member of a large contest club and we all pulled together. After moving to Beaufort, SC I found NO ONE into contesting in local area, and hate to say it but it's a BIG DEAL for locals to get out of bed, much less help someone out. I have since joined a state wide contest club and again all of us pull together. I suspect you just have NOT found the right group.

Lew N4CO
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I got my invoice Saturday night and promptly paid it.  The email it came with said it will ship within two weeks.  Obviously, I am hoping that is the party line and worst case scenario so no one is disappointed. I have a place in my car for it already including all wiring, SWR meter, Tarheel screwdriver antenna, auto tuner, ALS-500MR and a fair amount of bonding.  All I need is the Maestro and open road.  
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Lewis,
    The nearest contest club is more than 80 miles one way and they are not active as a DX club. They are mainly into VHF/UHF repeaters... 
    The Nassau County ARES is 15 miles and no DXing; they are more into the same repeaters that links the entire state of Florida. 
    There are a few locals but not very active on HF and we are about the same ages "old"  - LOL
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I do understand, wish I could help, but you're a 3 hour drive each way., now if I could bring your Maestro back....:)

Lew
    N4CO
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    When did you order? And im guessing that 2 weeks is worse case scenario as well.
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ernest- No need to stay off the air for lack of a useable antenna. Make up an "invisible" dipole using very small magnet wire (it only has to be strong enough to support itself), with tiny chassis standoff insulators for the center and ends, with small ground lugs **** into them for connection. And center feed it with RG-174 coax. (All available on eBay.)

I used this for 75/40/15 with a common center feed in several difficult locations many decades ago and it worked GOOD running 200 watts. Sometimes fed it from the top of a single story chimney. Other times under the eaves. It was quite INVISIBLE to anyone not standing right there.  You might not make DXCC with it, but you definitely will not be off the air.  And the FLEX should feed it really nice. <GGG>.

73  Dave W6OVP
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    6/25/15
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    My suspicion was correct.  Two weeks was a gross over estimate.  Mine went out today after being notified to pay the balance Saturday night. Unfortunately, they did not change the shipping address I told them so it will take a few extra days to get to me where I am now but I can not complain with all the extra effort going into getting people the Maestros they ordered.  Still happy.  
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    Awesome. No invoice for me today but it it sure most be close
  • Mark - NU6X
    Mark - NU6X Member
    edited September 2016
    Got invoice Saturday evening and is now on the truck headed to Sedona, AZ I will have it by Friday. I ordered it around 6/15....I should be a fun weekend...Mark NU6X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.