Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What can w e expect with SSDR v1.7 and 1.8 ?

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Maestro and SSDR v1.7 look very near to launch.  So, what can we expect from SSDR v1.7 and subsequent v1.8?  

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Bet Tim is working up his pre-release docs as we speak.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I bet you were one of those kids that tried to peek at the Christmas presents, huh?  Me too.  :)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    When I was about 11 or 12 years old, I discovered that I didn't need sneak around the house looking for the "christmas present hiding places."  I discovered where Mom kept the ledger book where she recorded all of her purchases.  There was a page labeled "Christmas" where she detailed exactly what she purchased for each of the children in the family and how much it cost (in order to keep it fair).

I thought I had discovered the secret to Solomon's Mines!....until Christmas arrived and I didn't receive everything on my list.  Only then did I realize that some of those items were purchased and then returned when she found something else better.  Or some of the items were purchased at Christmas Sales, to be kept until our birthday!  Sometimes it doesn't pay to be sneaky!

Ken - NM9P
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    With SmartSDR v1.7, you can expect the initial release of Maestro which includes updated radio firmware, the SmartSDR for Maestro application (what runs on the Maestro hardware) and a version of SmartSDR for Windows that operates with the updated radio firmware.  For non-Maestro users, the updates to the firmware are primarily of the "under the covers" type, where we discovered defects or better ways to implement existing functionality.  The number of actual improvements to SmartSDR for Windows will be few for this release since the entire focus was on releasing Maestro.

The SmartSDR v1.8 release will include some of the first release features we were not able to get in SmarSDR for Maestro before the release date and several contesting features that did not make the SmartSDR v1.6 cut.  I anticipate that there will be additional features, but since we have not done release planning or started alpha testing, there really isn't anything more we can share at this time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.