Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Spikes on the 17 meter band

Lee
Lee Member ✭✭
edited August 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am running a flex 6300 radio. I getting these spikes on the band every 16 ifs. Any ideas on the cause would be appreciated. Thank you. imageimage

Answers

• KC7ES
    KC7ES Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Same here. I believe they are noise from switching power supplies given their even distribution. Try running the radio from a battery and laptop, then turn off power to your house. Do they go away? If so , restore power one circuit breaker at a time in order to isolate the circuit that feeds the offending ps. My ECM motor in the heat pump gives me this pattern as well.
  • Lee
    Lee Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    thanks, wifi give it a try
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I found that on the higher frequency bands, i was getting the same thing. I didn't get it on my laptop. I shut my computer monitor off and they went away. So I tried the vga input instead of using HDMI. still there but in a different spot. Switched from my Acer monitor to my Dell monitor. Still there. I instead tried HDMI on a regular 720P lcd flat screen tv. Problem solved but the picture wasn't sharp enough. Went to Best Buy and purchased a Vizio 24 inch Razor E series which does 1080p. Nice and sharp and no more monitor generated birdies. Oh, and your computer's power supply may be causing some of it too. I found the Cooler Master supplies to be very rf quiet. Hope this helps. To aid in checking, use parallels access or team viewer to watch the panadapter while testing. This will allow you to power cycle the monitor to see if the birdies disappear, but you can tune on a birdie until you hear a heterodyne and if the tone goes away when you shut the monitor off, you know you've found one of the problems.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.