Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 Fan Nosie

Options
Cal  N3CAL
Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

My 4 month old 6500 has started to make excessive fan noise.  It sounds like a possible bearing starting to go. It's best described as a clicking sound.  The issue comes and goes but is excessive when there.  This is during normal receive when radio temp is @ 28C as reported by DDUTIL.   This is not the kind of issue I would expect to have with a new $4300 radio.  Can the fans be replaced easily or does it require a trip back to Texas? 

Cal/N3CAL

Comments

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You should open a ticket with FlexRadio. You could probably do a replacement yourself but best to have them do it while under warranty. They will do a general check as well to possibly catch anything else. They have been good on turn around time unless they are at a major event like Dayton. It is frustrating to have a new product have a service need but unfortunately it does happen.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.