Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

fldigi w/ Flex 6300 -

James Del Principe
James Del Principe Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have been running my Flex 6500 with FLDIGI and Logger 32 quite successfully for some time now. With that in mind, I tried to configure a friend's Flex 6300 with Logger32 (successfully) and FLDIGI (Not so successfully).     The problem is in configuring CAT. DAX seems to be communicating fine.    There is no CAT communication so no transmit control or frequency control via FLDIGI.
I have observed that the only 'page' needed in FLDIGI for this is Configure/RIG/ RIG CAT. I checked 'use rig cat' and then selected an available com port, set baud to 38400, checked 'cat command PTT' and finally 'VSP Enable'. This is just how I have mine configured and that one works.
So what happens?    When I click 'initialize' then 'use rig cat' becomes unchecked!     I have two com ports available in FLEX CAT, one for Logger 32 which shows up just fine and one for FLDIGI which it never 'finds'. (because of the unchecking, I believe)
Both the FLEX and FLDIGI are the latest releases available.    So why does clicking 'initialize' cause 'use rig cat' to uncheck???      Many thanks in advance.   73, Jim        KD1I

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Are you using the most recent SmartSDR RigCAT file(s) available for SourceForge?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016

Did you remember to install the SmartSDRsliceA.xml file?

Jim, K6QE

• James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I must admit that my friend downloaded the SW for FLDIGI. He just purchased his 6300 so I believe it has the latest SW from Flex. (It is 1.6.x for certain)  Tim, I do not know about SourceForge. Can you tell me something about this?   I had upgraded my 6500 from 1.5.x to 1.6.x then downloaded the latest FLDIGI and it just worked. I guess ignorance is truly bliss in my case but not sure what his problem is. Jim, is the SmartSDRsliceA.xml file separately downloadable?    I know this must seem rather basic but I appreciate the help. 73, Jim       KD1I
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016

Write me an e-mail at porlex@Hotmail.com and I'll send you an e-mail I got from Dudley that sent me the SliceA/SliceB files. I'll also send you the thread where I had the same problem as you.

Jim, k6QE

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.