Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Perceived incorrect response to display pan set max_dbm

Options
Walt - KZ1F
Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
edited November 2016 in SmartSDR API
radio Flex 6500
software 1.6.21

command sent        C29|display pan set 0x40000000 max_dbm=-20.13

response received  R29|0|

Expected response R29|0|-29.13

Why would the logic to process the change to max_dbm return a 0 status code but no new value?

The same phenomenon occurs for min_dbm as well.

The result of not having a string reply value is SetHighDbmReply(int seq, int resp_val, String s) fails with an "invalid reply string".

Thanks!

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I looked at wireshark display of the data sent by ssdr and the data sent by XPSSDR. The only difference I can see is the total packet size. The actual cmd and line termination are identical. So really there are two issues: 1) why is the there a 0 response code but no data sent? 2) the answer to the first will point me to what I need to change such that the cmd reply is correctly formatted.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ---resolved---

The methods for setXXXDbmReply only have a value associated with the response if the return code is NOT equal to 0. When I saw the new value was being set independent of a response, which does come anyway, I assumed it was erroneous code to set the new value before verifying the change was valid so I commented out the setting of the new value in the initial setXXXDbm.

Tim, this can be marked as answered.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.