Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.6.21 working on lesser hardware or is it Windows 10?

Options
Ken - VE5KC
Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
edited August 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
I was busy with a move and fixing up my new house so it's been a while since I used SmartSDR. Last week I got the new ham shack set up to the point where I could get the Flex 6500 back on and upgraded to SmartSDR v1.6.21 on my main computer.

After this, I gave v1.6.21 try on an i5 laptop that didn't work with the earlier version (1.4.xx) running windows 7. Since that time it has been upgraded to Windows 10. I was happy to see that SmartSDR now works fine on the i5 LT.

For another test, I decided to installed SmartSDR v1.6.21 on a 10" tablet running windows 10. It has limited resources, 2 GB of RAM and an Atom quad core CPU. I was surprised at how well it ran. Any problems were related to using the touch screen & solved by using a keyboard with a touch pad.

It looks like the newer version of SmartSDR uses less resources or could the improvement come from using windows 10? Has anyone else noticed this?

Answers

• Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've used SmartSDR with an i5 laptop and Win7 for 2+ years. When I check the resource monitor, the laptop is basically idling.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.