Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CTCSS (tone squelch) on TX & RX?

Mark K9BOOMark K9BOO Member
edited April 24 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hello!

Forgive me if I missed the answer in my search of prior posts, but I wanted to find out if CTCSS in SmartSDR 1.6 is offered for RX in addition to TX modes?

I have seen the ability to set CTCSS for TX, but have not been able to figure out how to set a tone for RX tone squelching.

Thanks!

Mark K9BOO

Answers

• George Molnar, KF2TGeorge Molnar, KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Think it's just on TX right now.
  • N6OILN6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Any movement on this yet?  I would love to try 6m FM repeaters the systems in my area have separate encode decode tones. 
  • edited April 24
    Do we have any official response from Flex about adding this ?
    I  use 2 transverters for 70 and 2 - and we have a lot of mixed mode repeaters in Sweden (both digital and analog) having the possibility to set tone on RX to open Squelch is very nice way of not needing to hear the digital traffic noice.

73's de Tore
  • EA4GLIEA4GLI Salvador Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Me too. Also, would love if frs could dedicate some time to improve the currently rudimentary FM mode on SmartSDR... Please.
  • Tim - W4TMETim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    At this time we are only sending CTCSS tones (on transmit).  There are not any near-term plans to do CTCSS decoding, but I have added your request for CTCSS controlled quelch functionality (feature #6193)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.