Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Maestro
I hope Maestro is released before I cash in. I don't know how much longer I can wait.
I hope it's worth it.

Answers

• DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Last thing I heard they were waiting for the plastic. This is usually 3 to 6 month process IF everything goes OK. Maybe they should have stated with a metal case then move to the plastic when it became available. Just a thought.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Cash-in? Everything is OK, in that regard, isn't it? While it's common for people to actually want things delivered before they ask for them, its often a better sign to get things later than expected rather than earlier. I am confident everyone will love their new 'little buddy'.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Bob, from what I saw Saturday at the Frostfest in Virginia, the Maestro will be worth the wait.  It's display is bright, graphics are fast, the buttons and knobs have precision movement to them, and the overall quality is excellent.  Tim mentioned that shipping should start in March.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    March!  This year I hope?  I really cannot wait for this .... 
  • Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I would much rather just use my laptop. That way I can surf the web, work, and do whatever else a laptop can do for me, while using my FLEX.

• DaveC
    DaveC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    And use FlexControl if you really want a knob to turn. I use the FlexControl for my volume control. and the mouse wheel for fine tuning the frequency.
  • Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, not even. Get a mouse with a physical middle wheel. Each wheel move indent will be whatever step size you set in SSDR. Perfecto!

• George K7GRJ
    George K7GRJ Member
    edited February 2016
    Gave up the wait and cancelled my 6 month old order for Maestro last week.  After some thought seemed like a lot of money for the little use I may actually get from it considering I have a perfectly functional desktop and laptop interfaces.  I have inconsistent problems with LAN connection to my 6300 that I have been unable to solve and a new LAN/WAN gadget may exhibit the same problems.  I may reconsider next year and pay the $200 penalty.  Perhaps the LAN issued will be sorted out by that time.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Does anyone know whether the Maestro can be connected directly to a Flex 6x00 via a Ethernet cable?  I'm considering buying a 2nd Flex for my motor home and using the Maestro to control it.  
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Maestro will connect via a wired Ethernet cable (either direct or via a switch/router) or if your radio is connected to a wi-fi enabled router, you can use wi-fi to connect to the radio.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Tim. 
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I'm leaning in your direction George.  All this waiting is making me crazy. I'm going on a trip in April and if mine is not here in my hands by mid March, I'm going to cancel and get my $1200 back.  Its sad that FR has this habit of promising a date and missing it by miles.  I love my flex but this same old story needs a new chapter. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.