Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro memory store/recall

Mike VE3CKO
Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
As I'm patiently awaiting the Maestro, I am curious if as to what is in the MENU as I have seen nothing. I'm looking in particular to see if there is some kind of memory recall/store feature. One that would save all the parameters including antenna settings and splices. This way from my
Maestro I could easily jump say between that DXpedition I'm working split, to a 2m SSB rag chew via a transverter, or during a contest, jump between presets, like MENU, MEMORY, PRESET 1. The memory feature in SmartSDR currently doesn't do that, I have to keep readjusting ANT1 & XVTR. This needs to be fixed.

Answers

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited April 2019
    Profiles are implemented in Maestro -- have you tried using profiles in SmartSDR?  The feature implementation is essentially the same.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I have never seen any writings that indicated that Maestro would do anything to extend the functionality of SmartSDR beyond what's available running on a regular computer.
    It just puts what's there in a smaller, more convenient package.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    With the noted exception that it is a portable, tactile interface to the radio...

In general, we expect to have features the same across SmartSDR and Maestro, but there will be exceptions where they make sense.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Win8/10 supports tactile input on portable computers.

Now, if you're saying that you ARE entertaining the notion that new functionality that requires a Maestro to implement is in our future that's not good news for those of us who invested all our toy money in the radio & computer.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for replying Steve, I just creatred 3 Global Profiles, one on 20m with 2 splices open B for xmit, another profile for 2m transverter, and a 3rd 15m one slice. When loading any Global profile including the default SO2Rdefault, the panadapter shuts down. Requiring me to open a panadapter and it defaulted to one open splice.

So the Global Profiles do not save bands, frequency or splice settings etc.? Hence my question of Memory store/recall. Am I missing something, I can't be the first person asking about memory. I use Fstack alongside SmartSDR but with a Maestro in another room or a remote location, I want to hit memory recall (likely from MENU) and bingo I'm there at the band, splice, frequency, antenna selection, mode, audio, DSP, DAX etc settings I've stored.
  • W3PH
    W3PH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'm coming up to speed with my Maestro, and I have what I think is a profiles question.   There are some parameters that I need to set differently on the Maestro (sidetone level, mic selection, power out) but when I set them on the Maestro and return to SmartSDR, whatever I set last on the Maestro is there and I have to remember to put them back.  My amp faulted because instead of 30 watts the 6500 was sending 100 because was using it barefoot while on the Maestro.  Is there a workaround using profiles, and can SmartSDR and the Maestro automatically load the last profiles they were using?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.