Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

momentary jt65 signal drops

Dave Danforth
Dave Danforth Member
Recently my Flex 3000 on jt65 will show a fattening of the sig on panadaptor.  This is accompanied by a reduction in vertical element of sig, power supply meter drops 6-9 amps and the power meter on the 3000 drops about 10 watts.  The monitor tone has a weird "swish" sound at the time this happens.. Thoughts?  Running powersdr 2.7.2

Comments

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Could the power amp be folding back due to bad SWR?
  • Jim
    Jim Member
    edited February 2016
    I have a web site with lots of info on this type problem . You might want to give this a look at a see if the answer is there.
     http://w4wwj.org/JT65X.htm

73 Jim w4wwj
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Could be a drop in the sound card audio as well to the F3K, causing a drop in rf.
  • Dave Danforth
    Dave Danforth Member
    edited January 2016
    Thx for comeback, Michael....the swr is fine.  Thx again for info.
  • Dave Danforth
    Dave Danforth Member
    edited January 2016
    Going to spend some time there later today....wil apprise of results.  Thx, Jim.
  • Dave Danforth
    Dave Danforth Member
    edited January 2016
    Thx, John...got me thinking since I am facing latency problems more lately as shown by the FlexRadio app....my other latency monitor however looks fine except for hardpage numbers being very high.  Any thoughts on what this show?

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    How much memory have you got and how much is allocated to the swop file I think its called.......To speed things up, windows saves a lot of repetitive stuff to memory for quick access. Are you running other software at the same time which dont need to run excepting anti virus. Try removing any apps you have running on the task bar. Unless you have a super computer, you will need all the processor power you can get incl memory.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.