Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro CW and Internet VPN Connection

K2CM
K2CM Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in New Ideas
I am able to connect to the F6.7K via VPN from a remote location without issue, to use my F6.7K as a remote base. Works well except that I cannot connect my CW paddle when I am operating as a remote base. When using the Maestro at my remote location, will the Maestro allow me to work CW using my key into the Maestro?

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I don't know but I hope so as well.  I also am wondering if the CWX functionality could be made available on the maestro?  

I am looking forward to having the maestro outside on my deck with a paddle when the weather is warmer.  I also would love to have some way to call the CWX macros I have stored... sometimes it is nice to hit a key/button and send your call for nabbing that DX.
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited January 2016
    Not sure what type of VPN you are using, but routers flashed with DDWRT can be set up to route all traffic through an LT2P or PPTP connection. My ASUS router with its own firmware will allow me to bridge VPN my network via PPTP, LT2P, or OpenVPN. 

This way, you could have your router at your remote location set up a VPN tunnel back home, and all devices connected via wifi (including Maestro) will see those broadcast UDP packets and connect. 
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I am using SoftEther VPN My plan is to use my iPad as a remote VPN Hotspot toconnect the Maestro back to base until the Maestro has a built in WAN connection. In V2?
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I really like having the CWX functionality and will miss it on maestro if not a way to trigger it.

I know Howard you avoid CW but I wonder about your idea.  If I used my iPad mini with the K6TU control (not the one with the panadapter) if I could talk Stu into adding (if it is not already there) a way to have the CWX keys up on the ipad.

Then I could see operating using the maestro and a paddle but being able to tap a button on the ipad to send a CWX macro.  Would be nice.

Do you have your maestro yet?  I thought you were one of the privileded few!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Define "without issue".  The VPN connection is not a factor in this equation other than the network propagation delay after Maestro sends to commands to the radio hardware to generate the CW (RF).
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    NDA
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Lol NDA = no dont actually have i NDA = no do actually have it! Lol. Just kidding
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Mark, someone took one to the latest DXPedition. That would imply some number, greater than 0, have one.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.