Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 with VHF Xvtr and ThumbDV/Dstar

Steve Belcak
Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
Is it possible to hv a VHF Xvtr connected and a ThumbDV plugged into a usb slot in the flex running/monitoring Dstar on Slice A while at same time operating 40 mtr cw on Slice B.....

Idea was to hv a slice monitor a local DSTAR repeater but still be operating the HF bands?

How about HF DSTAR running on one slice and 40 cw on another?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Steve

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Unfortunately since the 6300 and 6500 have one receiving when using the transverter you will only be able to use it and the HF is unavailable. The 6700 with two receivers would provide what you want for using the transverter and HF at the same time.

You should be able to use the D-Star with the transverter.
  • Charlie
    Charlie Member
    edited January 2016
    I run a DEMI VHF with my 6500 and what David says is true. When i bring up a HF slice, the receive antenna on the transverter automatically switches to the HF receive antenna. If i adjust the VHF back to the proper antenna, it also changes the HF slice to that antenna.
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thank You....
  • Keith Ferguson
    edited January 2016
    There is a way to do this, but it's a bit of a compromise. Your transverter needs a separate receive output, and you need a separate HF receive antenna (I use a Wellbrook loop). Your HF tx antenna connects to Ant 1, your transverter drive output from the Flex to transverter tx input, and you combine the HF rx antenna and transverter rx out onto the RXA socket. The downside is, if your transverter is say a 10M IF, you'll see both 28MHz and 10M signals on the transverter and 10M bands.

However, if you're only interested in a spot frequency for the DSTAR repeater, you may well get away with it.I use my 6500 like this occasionally, and it works well - but 10M is usually pretty quiet here!

Keith

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.