Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 1.6 and BSOD

Options
tim
tim Member
edited August 2016 in Third-Party Software
I am continuing to have problems with my SSDR 1.6 installation.  I'm thinking it has to do with my Keyspan drivers.  I'm not sure how to uninstall/reinstall the drivers for these.  The issue is that I start SSDR, start my logging program and when I turn on one of my Green Heron controllers, the computer instantly reboots.  Once it reboots, it asks if I want to go into safe mode and after windows finishes loading, it tells me there was a blue screen event and details are saved at ...  The Green Heron controllers are on Keyspan USB-Serial devices.

I had a similar issue with the microham router where as soon as I turned on the microkeyer II (for my other radio), the computer did an instant reboot.  I solved that issue by removing via control panel and reinstalling the microham router.

Windows 7 pro 64.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim
KK9T

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi Tim,

Just an obvious question:  Have you looked and downloaded/installed the latest keyspan drivers or are you using the Windows provided driver?  I'd definitely try the keyspan latest.

I have at times had BSOD on other projects with a keyspan driver.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.