Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

interesting anomaly after upgrading to new version

Bill-W9OL
Bill-W9OL Member
edited March 2017 in Third-Party Software

I thought the upgrade went to easy. LOL

Here is what I'm up against.

I work a lot of modes,   but now I'm trying to work dxcc and WAS using Jt modes.

I use DXLab suite and have DDuT which normally isn't needed in this quest. (barefoot only)

A qsy initiated by  Commander will result in an instantaneous qsy of Commander, Smart SDR (latest) and WSJT-x.

A qsy initiated by WSJT will result in an instantaneous qsy of Smart SDR (latest) and Commander.

But a qsy initiate by SSDR does not always result In what I asked for. LOL usually it's the frequency that is in error while the mode and filter not changing or changing to something other than what was expected.

SmartSDR will qsy to the correct band occasional but the other two apps, Commander and WSJT-x will switch to someo ther wsjt frequency, usually they both switch to the same frequency, but I've seen it where all 3 elements are displaying different band-frequencies. LOL

as long as I initiate the qsy from WSJT-x, the band, mode and filter will be correctly qsyed and if a qso results, the log is saved with the correct data.

I experienced this to a lesser degree (it only happened occasionally) with the SSDR version 1.

I'm betting it's somethin in my setup. Does anyone experience anything similar to this and if so, have they found a fix.

Again so I make it clear, all qsy attempts by selecting a band-mode from WSJT-x properly result in those settings being changed in SmartSDR, and Commander, and of course the log.

It's not a deal breaker...I just have to remember to watch the log.



Answers

  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hi Bill,

    Coincidentally, I posted this morning, on the DDUtil Yahoo group, a qsy and TX selection problem with 1.6.17 that may be related.  DDUtil is not always seeing TX slice frequency changes made in SSDR.  I saw it on slice B, but it is not consistent.  I am still trying to find a way to reliably duplicate the problem.

    Here is the post:
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/DDUtil/conversations/messages/7523

    73, Bob, N7ZO
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Dr.med. Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Bill, I had the similiar problems when I tried the DXLab suite and DDUtil3.
    Now I'm back to HRD DM780 and HRD Logbook with WSJT-X and JTAlertX.
    This setup works well with a MiniDeluxe server.
    Trying out DDUtil3 I never have had any problems with HRD, only with WSJT-X...
    73, Alex DH2ID
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Remove DDUtil from the mix and see if the problem still exists.  The first step in troubleshooting is to divide and conquer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.