Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TCP Connection to DM780 without DDUTIL v3???

Tom-KJ4QDZ
Tom-KJ4QDZ Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Third-Party Software
With the updated SSDR Cat can we now use a TCP connection directly to DM780 and HRD Logbook without using DDUTIL v3?

Answers

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I wouldn't have thought so as DDUtil is effectively emulating the HRD Rig Control program. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I do not think so.  HRD would have to support CAT over TCP/IP and I do not believe they do that.  You will have to ask HRD that question.
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim,  who is using CAT over TCP/IP today?

• Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I don't know if it's using CAT, but N4PY's Pegasus Plus software provides radio control over TCP/IP
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    DDUtil
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Carl's app uses the API, not the CAT protocol over IP
  • Tom-KJ4QDZ
    Tom-KJ4QDZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I did inquire about this on the HRD forum.  It may take some time before I get a reply.  In the mean time I did find a "workaround" if you will and still get multiple instances of digital modes.  Basically keep using DDUTIL and use DM780 with slice A.  Setup the com port and ptt (in my case com4 and ptt 8 with the 6500).  Set up the Dax as it should.  So now I have DM780 using Slice A and two instances of WSJT-X using Slices B and C.  I use Slice D to move around on SSB.  I'm happy!!  Thanks to all who replied.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.