Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Temporarily modify tune step?

Options
Dick B
Dick B Member ✭✭
edited June 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Has anyone found a way to temporarily modify the tune step?  For example, I find that with a tune step of 500 Hz I can click on a panadaptor signal and almost always be spot on because most folks tend to operate on nice integer frequencies like 14.221, or +/- 500 Hz like 14.221.5.  But occasionally there will be someone operating a few 100 Hz off.  It would be very nice if there were a temporary override of the established tune step, for example, by pressing Ctrl the mouse wheel might advance only 10 Hz.  

I've tried running with the tune step set to 10 Hz and 50 Hz but I always miss the spot on frequency and have to mouse-wheel onto frequency.  The 500 Hz step works much more often.  I'd just like a complete solution.  

I've looked through SmartSDR and FRStacks and not found any way to do this - yet.  

Answers

• Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I just ignore yahoos that can't get on 0 or 500.

Really irritating.

:)

HNY
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I just click on the step size in the RX window and change it to 100 and back to 500 when done.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.