Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3rd Party CW Identifier

Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in Third-Party Software
Does anyone use a 3rd party program for station identification? I'm trying to find a program to key the radio every 10 minutes and transmit a CW id (or voice for that matter). I found a program from ROMACSOFTWARE but can't quite get it to work. Any suggestions or other ways to do this would be appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The best way is probably to run a timer app (or even an egg timer) set to go every 9 or so minutes, and do it manually. That way, you prevent your ID from transmitting when you're not there, or when just listening. 
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015

I am using Romac for my equalization. I have found that the support is superb and they have accommodated any problems I've had very quickly. You might try writing their tech support for advice of integrating the identifier with Flex.

Jim, K6QE

• Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I did and got it working. You are right the customer service is superb. I'm kinda hoping with the "contest" upgrades coming that we might get native support for stuff like this. Anyhow having a flex made this more easy than having a legacy rig. I didn't have to build an interface box or anything. Thanks again for the help and advise
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    You can configure most digital mode software (e.g. Fldigi, Multipsk, etc) to send a CW ID at specified intervals via a macro.  The macro keys the transmitter and sends the ID.
    Andy K3UK
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    You might email Mark AA3RK and ask if this is a feature he might be able to add to RFStack.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I think George's last sentence is important. Something that's just an automatic software program that will ID every 9 or 10 minutes is QRM. if you're not there if you just listening your could be broadcasting on somebody else's frequency

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.