Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CAT macro to turn RX Antenna on?

Options
Barry N1EU
Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is it possible to program a SmartSDR CAT macro to set the receiver to RX A (rcv antenna)?    I'm hoping to be able to quickly switch between TX antenna and Beverage so would like to use a CAT MACRO programmed into an N1MM Logger+ function key if possible.

I don't see it listed in the CAT documentation and I don't see it listed as an option on the FlexControl.

(sorry for all the newbie questions - trying to get up and running quickly and jump into the 160M cw contest)

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Barry,
      If you use DDUtil, then DD6RXA should do the job..

AL, K0VM
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks Al!  I will try to get that working.  I just wish I could have separate DDUtil config profiles for my PowerSDR and my SmartSDR.

73, Barry N1EU
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Barry,
     The macro files are stored seperately for 6000 vs. legacy.. check the DDUtil files tab in setup..

AL, K0Vm
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Barry... Did you take the plunge with the 6000 series? Looking forward to hearing you in the air again.
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yes Sal, playing with a 6500 in the shack now.  Not sure if I'd call it a "plunge" though - more like an experiment  ;-)

Barry N1EU
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well, email me today if you want to do some in the air testing
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    For smart SDR and PSDR I use separate versions of DDUTIL  I use V 2 for PSDR and V3 for SSDR.  I can then run both programs at the same time one for the Anan and one for the Flex and neither knows the other is active.  The macro screen in DDUTIL allows buttons to be made push on, push off or push once choice A push again choice B  For my 6500

22   ANT1-XVTR   DDTG11:061:062;  resides in slot 22

and 

61   Ant 1   DD6RXA0:0;DDSI:1:ANT1;
    62   XVTR  DD6RXA0:4;DDSI:1:RX1;

reside in their respective slots in the macro database.   When I press slot 22 once Ant1 is the RX ant when I press 22 again XVTR is the RX antenna (in slice A)   DDSI publishes an annunciator in the first of the 3 boxes at the bottom of DDUTIL.  Either ANT1 or RX1 is published so at a glance I can tell which antenna is active on RX.  You could also set up another button to switch between RX-A and XVTR if you happen to have a beverage and a loop RX ant for example and make any of those choices publish in the box.  (I use the XVTR choice because I also have a 6300 and it's convenient if I switch antennas between rigs)

73  W9OY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.