Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Green Light Flashing on First Boot

Andrew Holman2
Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
I have seen this around the forums before, but this happens to me constantly. I shut off the radio for the night, and then the next evening. I tap the button.  It flashes forever. I hold it to shut it off, then tap it again, the second time it will boot up.  Is there a better procedure for this?

Answers

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The issue is suppose to be fixed in 1.6 which is due out soon. Until then continue what you are doing or revert to the previous version.

• Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thank you.
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Yep, this just happened to me for the first time with my Oct purchased 6300.  The green blinking light never stopped so I pushed the button again thinking it might shutdown but then it finally came up.  
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The issue you reported is a confirmed software defect. This issue will be fixed in the next release of SmartSDR.

This issue a a timeout on initialization. To mitigate this issue, if after 2 minutes the power LED is still flashing green, indicating that the boot process is stalled, press and hold the power button to power down the radio. The press and release the power button as you would normally to power on the radio. The radio should power up normally. Once the radio boots normally, it if OK to use.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.