Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Writelog will not key CW on flex 6500

W5NE
W5NE Member ✭✭
edited July 2017 in Third-Party Software
Writelog recognizes Flex 6500 and frequency is tracked but  I cannot get writelog to send CW to the flex  6500. I must be missing something in the port setup in writelog.
The Writelog port setup has a radio button for CW but it cannot be selected without a com port, but with Flexdriver1130b the 6500's serial number is used instead of a comm port number.
Please help

Set up: Writelog V11.30 with WI Flexdriver1130b.exe  Flex 6500 with Smart SDR v1.5

Answers

• Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I do not think the WriteLog flex driver is supposed to handle CW.  I have read through the program notes and no mention of CW is in it. (If it is, will someone speak up)

I use a WinKeyer2 USB box assigned to a com port and configure WriteLog to do the same.   Output of the box goes into the cw port of the Flex.  Be sure to disable the Iambic keyer in the Flex settings.

It all works good - can even change the CW speed with the knob on the WInkeyer and have the speed displayed in the WriteLog status window.

If you find an alternative path - I am sure many ears will perk up - including mine - always trying to get rid of as many boxes as possible..

Cheers

• W5NE
    W5NE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for the reply Walt. It seems unlikely that Writelog would stop supporting cw. I remain optimistic that there is a solution. In the meantime I will get stress management and try N1MM logger. 
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I think it is more that SmartCat does not assign an rs-232 pin for CW input.  I have looked at N1MM+ and I think it too requires a keyer to send CW to the Flex, but I could be wrong again.  There are so many updates to N1MM that what might have been a few weeks or days ago is no longer true.

Maybe someone will chime in or I am sure there is an on-line help guide for N1MM+ for Flex setups.

GL - its all adventure !
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is correct.  We do not support CW keying via "bit banging" a com port.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.